Saturday, March 14, 2009

Where have I been?

It's been crazy busy. I remember when I was little hearing people say that; why we haven't gotten together with other families etc. But it's so true. I think I also realized that this Minnesota winter was especially hard on me/us.

We had been in Baltimore for three years, three mild mild winters, maybe it would get to 20 degrees and that was cold! and it wouldn't last for long. Here we had frequent wind chills of MINUS 20 degrees. I got out everyday other than downpours in Baltimore, not here. But alas it's March 14th, this is far from over, but at least it is Sunny and 40degrees today! We just got back from Puerto Rico a week ago, (which we planned to fall right in the middle/end of this all). It was much needed.

My winter depression is beginning to subside... I'm not sure where we need to end up for good now. A Minnesota winter is enough to cause me to 're-think' my plans for Upstate NY!!

There's so much to update; where do I start?? Facebook for one! I took the dive last night and can't believe how incredible it is to see so many people of my past! and get connected with those of my present.

Max is doing well, as long as we stay one step ahead of him. Keep him from being hungry and tired, that makes for a strongwilled toddler to not lose his mind in tantrums! He doesn't seem to be getting as sick as he has been since August, a sign that he is adjusting too. I think that I might have found a link to his irritability and nighttime wakings too, to a PABA supplement in his vitamin. I know my mother reacts when it gets on her skin and I believe that I do too; so it is quite possible that he would do the same if it's in his belly. I did a quick Wiki search and found that it is an added supplement, and I now I have forgotten what for.... so no more PABA vitamins for him. I wanted to avoid the 'flinstones' ones for the aspartame and artificial coloring; and there are other natural ones out there, just can seem to find one with Iron in it, the PABA ones seem to be the only ones I can find with Iron in them. So we'll keep on this. He along with the majority of toddlers certainly needs one in his diet. This diet that mainly consists of noodles and other simple carbs. One of the best pieces of advice I got from our Dr. Ganunis at Hopkins; is "my job is to offer Max a healthy well balanced diet, his job is to eat what he wants!"

So with this I adjourn and will look for some photos to upload.

No comments:

Post a Comment